CRISPY CHICKEN WINGS
- 12 chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 125 g (1/2 cup) tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Tuck the chicken wing tips to the underside and place in a non metalic bowl. Mix together all the remaining ingredients and pour over the wings, tossing to coat. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally. Drain, reserving the marinade.
Cook the wings on a hot, lightly oiled barbecue grill or flat plate for 5 minutes, or until cooked through, brushing with the reserved marinade several times.