LEMON GRASS BEEF
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red paprika, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 stems lemon grass (white part only), finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 600 g (21 oz) lean rump steak, trimmed and sliced thinly across the grain
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon sweet sauce
- 1 large red onion, cut into small wedges
- 200 g (7 oz) green beans, sliced on the diagonal into 5 cm (2 inches) lengths
Combine the garlic, ginger, lemon grass,paprika, jalapeno pepper and 2 teaspoons of the oil in a non metalic bowl. Add the beef, then marinated for 10 minutes. Combine the lime juice, fish sauce and sweet sauce.
Heat a wook until very hot, add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat. Stir-fry the beef in batches for 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Remove from the wok.
Reheat the wok to very hot, heat the remaining oil, then add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the beans and cook for another 2 minutes, then return the beef to the wok. Pour in the fish sauce mixture and cook until heated through. Serve with the rice