- 850 g (1 lb 12 oz) cap mushrooms
- 40 g (1 1/4 oz) butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) minced (ground) beef
- 60 g (2 oz) chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste ( tomato puree)
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat - leaf parsley
Remove the stalks from the mushrooms, then finely chop the stalks. Set aside. Melt the butter in a friyingpan over low heat, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Increase the heat to high, add the beef mince, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly and breaking up any lumps. Add the mushrooms stalks and chorizo and continue cooking for 1 minute, or until the mixture is dry and browned. Add the tomato paste and 1/2 cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, or until thick. Stir in the breadcrumbs, then transfer to a bowl and cool.
Preheat the oven to hot 375 F. Lightly grease a baking tray. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoon of the cooled meat into the mushrooms caps, smoothing the top with a flat bladed knife so that the filling is slightly domed. Place on the tray and bake in the top half of the oven for 10 mnutes. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve hot.