- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1/2 roast beef, sliced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian dressing
Cut bread horizontally in half. Spread butter over bottom half.
Layer cheese, roast beef, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, ham and bell pepper on bread.
Drizzle with dressing. Top with remaining bread half. Cut into 6 serving pieces.