Basic Pizza Dough :
- 10 g (1/3 oz) dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 4 cups (500 g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 375 g (13 oz) minced (ground beef)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (40 g/1 1/2 oz) pine nuts
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of allspice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander (cilantro), plus extra for serving
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60g/2 oz) plain yoghurt
Combine the yeast, sugar and 3/4 cup (185 ml)warm water. Cover and leave for 10 minutes, or until frothy. If it hasn't foamed after 10 minutes, discard and start again.
Sift the flour and 1/2 tsp salt and make a well. Add the yeast mixture and oil. Mix with a flat bladed knife, using a cutting action, until a dough forms. Knead for 10 minutes, or until smooth. Place in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave for 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the mince for 3 minutes, or until browned. Add the onion and cook over low heat for 8 minutes, or until soft. Add the pine nuts, tomato, spices, 1/4 tsp cracked pepper and some salt. Cook for 8 minutes, or until dry. Stir in the coriander and lemon juice and season.
Preheat the oven to very hot 230 deegres Celcius (450 deegres Fahrenheit). Punch down the dough, then knead for 8 minutes, or until elastic. Roll out into 24 ovals. Spoon some filling onto each base. Pinch together the two short sides to form a boat shape. Brush with oil, and place the pizzas on a greased baking tray. Bake for 10 minute. Serve with a dab of yoghurt and some coriander.