WILD RICE AND ROAST CHICKEN WITH ASIAN DRESSING
- 190 g (1 cup) wild rice
- 200 g (1 cup) jasmine rice
- 1 barbecue roast chicken ( recipes look at : five spice roast chicken)
- 15 g (1/4 cup) chopped mint
- 15 g (1/4 cup) chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber
- 6 springs onions
- 80 g (1/2 cup) roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) mirin
- 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, plus extra, to serve
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add 1 teaspoon of salt and the wild rice. Cook for 30 minutes, add the jasmine rice and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain in the rice, refresh under cold water and drain again.
Cut the chicken become small sliced, place in a large bowl and add the mint and coriander. Cut the cucumber through the centre ( do not peel) and slice thinly on the diagonal. Slice the spring onions on the diagonal. Add the cucumber, spring onion, rice and peanuts to the bowl with the chicken.
Mix together the mirin, rice wine, soy, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce in a small jug, pour over the salad and toss to combine. Pile the salad onto serving platters and serve with extra chilli sauce.